lmnop blog sign up
Lady Love Valentine
The discovery of a heart-shaped leaf inspired our editors to create this handmade valentine that will surely surprise and delight – especially when the kids catch sight of a chocolate lady beetle sitting atop of the leaf.
1. Find a leaf in the garden that resembles the shape of a heart.
2. Using the leaf as your template, trace the shape onto card stock. Emphasize a heart-shape by altering the leaf design at the top.
3. Take a coloured pencil and add some veins to the leaf.
4. Place a double-sided sticker dot to the chocolate beetle then position her on the leaf.
5. Rubber stamp a valentine message in the centre.