lmnop blog sign up
Kate Lilley’s hugely popular blog, Minieco, chronicles her adventures in crafting with her two small sons. Fans across the globe have been eagerly awaiting the release of her first ever book, Eco-Friendly Crafting with Kids, (Ryland Peters & Small Ltd) in which Lilley presents 35 colourful and ingenious new projects especially designed for preschool children up to and including the age of five.
The book is split into eight sections:
– Homemade Materials covers the basics such as play dough, chalk and crayons.
– Music show you how to create homemade instruments to enjoy.
– Nature reveals fun ways to get in touch with the natural world.
– Recycling Bin has ideas for making craft using discarded cardboard tubes and boxes.
– Paper and Card features paper-crafting projects that involve snipping and sticking.
– Sewing and Threading projects to help develop fine motor skills.
– Science is packed with messy stuff that kids will love, like homemade gloop and magic potions.
The final section contains 50 boredom busters for parents to pull out of the bag in an emergency.
Every project is explained in clear step-by-step instructions accompanied by easy-to-follow photography, showing exactly how to create these exciting, rainbow-bright toys and games. Pick up a copy here.